Where did my April go to?:(
Time passes so quickly it actually scares me.
As stated in the header, we made a trip to Japan early April just because..
We travel to Japan via All Nippon Airways and our flight was at 6am, swore I'll never take such an early flight ever because I didn't sleep a wink and then I realise that my flight to Thailand in about a week's time is at 7am:-)
E slept for about 2 hours after his assignment submission because he was dead tired after all his weekend activities like Singapore open for darts, packing his luggage, rushing his assignment because I'm only willing to help him with half of it, we made it to the airport by 4am.
Marking our 2nd trip together.
April 3rd - Day 1
Our journey to Japan was a good and smooth one, queued for about an hour to collect our JR pass on a Monday๐
Our estimated time of arrival in Osaka was about 8pm but we only arrived there at 8.30pm.
In the bullet train to Osaka, looking and feeling real tired.
I just had to..
We arrived at Osaka at around 8.30pm and took us another 20 minutes to get to the station that our Airbnb apartment was located at, and took us over an hour to get to the building when it was just a minute walk away from the subway. As the apartment was relatively new, I doubt it was updated on google maps and thus, couldn't locate it. We sought help from the locals there and thankfully 2 kind souls walked us to our apartment, only to realise that we have walked past that building countless times and that our asian eyes couldn't see the locks that were on the stairway.
We called the Airbnb owner, texted him like crazy and was about to give up searching. Did I mention I always meet the kindest souls overseas? Real blessed! Was so happy when we got to the apartment. It was so cozy and spacious for the price we paid. And I love how convenient it is which never lets me forget how long we took to find the building and how small our asian eyes are.
We dumped our stuff and headed out to look for food because the food on the train was sold out and our last meal was on board the airplane. So we were starving and ended up eating curry rice because it was the closest. What a day! So we slept early.
April 4th - Day 2
Headed for Osaka Castle after breakfast around the area.
Osaka Castle from far, it was so crowded when we got there.
Cherry Blossoms!
My love, with a few photobombers
By the time we climbed up, we were perspiring already.
We thought the Osaka Castle Park was way nicer for photos together, hence..
Visited Kuromon Market after Osaka Castle.
I mean what's there not to love about this place?!
Had our lunch at a random shop because we were hungry..
And still had a lot of time after lunch, so we decided to make a trip to Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan. When we got there, E was like, "WE HAVE TO TAKE THE FERRIES WHEEL!" I didn't want to initially but since there is a package for the aquarium and the ferries wheel, why not right? I mean, I don't think Elton would leave without taking a ride on that wheel.
The aquarium from the outside
I think it's quite comparable to Singapore's Sea Aquarium but I believe there are more fishes in this one, so guys, if you happen to be reading this and thinking of going/making a trip to Japan, you could visit this place.
I didn't take many photos in there because I was busy looking at the fishes. Also, you know how at the end of the 'tour', you get to touch fishes, starfishes etc.. They let you touch baby sharks and stingrays here too! But being a scaredy cat, I didn't touch any.. except the shark eggs because it doesn't move. From River Safari to Sea Aquarium to Kaiyukan I failed to touch fishes despite saying I would the next aquarium trip๐
My biggest takeaway from Kaiyukan has to be this sea lion. It looked so satisfied with life, I mean it looks like me after a satisfying and full meal.
Chilled for a bit at a cafe before getting on the ferries wheel.
E was so excited about it my goodness!
We wanted the cabin with the transparent floor so we could look down but we got to wait for over an hour, hence we decided that opaque floor works just fine.
Halfway to the top, I must say the view was pretty breathtaking.
To be honest, I quite enjoy the ride and the views
Thinking of my next meal..
My love!!
After we're done with the aquarium and Ferries Wheel, we headed to Orange street.
We arrived at around 6pm only to find out that almost all the shops were closed or closing, sigh..
Bummed because the street looks hippie and most of the shops look like they sell really cool stuff.
But at least we walked the street?! Since this place is near to Dotonbori, we decided to just take an evening walk there.
What a lovely sight!
Dotonbori was crowded AF.
But I really love this city! Way more than Tokyo to be honest.
Arrived at Dotonbori, famished hence we plopped ourselves into a ramen restaurant.
Was really cheap and good, I love the technology they use in restaurants, washrooms etc.. So advanced!
Our bowl of ramen costs 800¥ ish? I can't really remember but it was so good!
Shopped around after dinner and a selfie to call it a day!
Day 2 was extremely fulfilling, We did everything we wanted on our list and more! So glad
April 5th - Day 3
E wanted to go to Universal Studios despite the expensive ticket prices, we had time so why not!
On our way to USJ, E was playing with facebook story filters and there we have a weird selfie..
At Universal Studios Japan!
Dull photos due to the gloomy weather but it didn't dampen our moods๐
The only thing that turn me off was the queue for the rides. So crazy that we had to wait for 2 to 3 hours to take a ride on a roller coaster?! zz
Upon entry to USJ, I saw many children and adults carrying a minion container filled with popcorns and demanded one so E got it for me, and I carried it around for the entire day:D
Found Deadpool, so we asked for a photo!
Instead of queuing for rides, we decided to just roam around the theme park and found the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I mean it's exciting but the number of people there..๐ ๐
I really hate crowds or crowded places, kinda expected it so no complaints!
E bought a wand on impulse (wasn't cheap) but this wand works in the area, if he stands at a designated spot and cast a spell, magic would happen! Pretty interactive and innovative, quite sold into that but E told me later when we're back in Singapore that he regrets buying the wand๐
Arresto Momentum!
Finally tried the highly raved butter bear and I love it!
The cutest cosplay of harry potter everrrrrrr!
So on point!
Just enjoying my butter beer, not sorry
Though we didn't take most of the rides at USJ but I'm pretty sure both of us had fun!
It was quite an experience! My favourite photo to end this entry.
Ended our last day in Osaka by heading back down to Dotonbori after USJ because we didn't shop enough on Day 2. And yes, I carried my minion everywhere I went, even to shop! HAHA because when else am I going to bring it out again?!
I got to thank E for making this trip happen, for taking care of me all the time and ensuring that I'm stuck with him always even though I wanted to walk around on my own and dealing with all my stupid ass nonsense like my crazy whining when it gets too crowded or when I'm hungry or when something doesn't go my way. Big love!!๐ ๐
Till Kyoto,
PCEOUT

















































No comments:
Post a Comment